ESR14 – ODYS Srl
PhD Position in Embedded model predictive control of automotive systems with self-calibration
ODYS Srl, Italy
The expected outcomes of the research project are: (1) novel techniques for adaptive nonlinear MPC based on online machine learning, (2) control-oriented sparse optimization that allows one to trade off accuracy of the solution with speed of computation and memory occupancy, (3) tailored software implementation for highly resource-constrained embedded devices.
- Dr. Daniele Bernardini (co-founder and CTO of ODYS)
- Dr. Gionata Cimini (Technical Lead for embedded optimization).
- Politecnico di Milano: prof. Lorenzo Fagiano;
- KU Leuven: prof. Panagiotis Patrinos;
- Politehnica University of Bucharest: prof. Ion Necoara.
Please include, in your single PDF document, the following items in this order:
- A cover letter incl. statement of research interests and career goals (max. 2 pages);
- An academic CV;
- Contact details of at least two referees incl. phone numbers and emails;
- Your diplomas and transcript of course work and grades;
- Sample of technical writing (publication or thesis);
- Proof of English language proficiency test results.
Please send your application before February 28, 2021.
Note that your PDF will be forwarded to several people in the ELO-X institutions and that in particular all Supervisory Board members of ELO-X will have access to your application material. If you want to apply to more than one ELO-X position, please create and send separate PDFs.
- Nationality: you may be of any nationality.
- Mobility: you must not have resided or carried out your main activity (work, studies, etc…) in Italy for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to your recruitment under the ELO-X project.
- Qualifications and research experience: you must be in the first 4 years of your research career after the master degree was awarded.