ESR1 – University of Freiburg
PhD Position in Simultaneous Model Learning and Control via Embedded Optimization for Autonomous Driving
Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg, Germany
- Prof. Dr. Moritz Diehl (head of systems control and optimization laboratory);
- Dr. Gianluca Frison (Postdoc at Syscop working on high-performance linear algebra and QP solvers for embedded optimization);
- Katrin Baumgärtner (PhD student focusing on efficient algorithms for MHE and Iterative Learning Control);
- Florian Messerer (PhD student working on robust optimal control and sequential convex programming);
- Jonathan Frey (PhD student working on efficient software for MPC and MHE, acados).
- Dr. Herman Van der Auweraer and Dr. Son Tong (Siemens Industry Software NV);
- Dr. Daniele Bernardini and Prof. Dr. Alberto Bemporad (ODYS Srl);
- Prof. Dr. Boris Houska (ShanghaiTech)
Please include, in your single PDF document, the following items in this order:
- A cover letter incl. statement of research interests and career goals (max. 2 pages);
- An academic CV;
- Contact details of at least two referees incl. phone numbers and emails;
- Your diplomas and transcript of course work and grades;
- Sample of technical writing (publication or thesis);
- Proof of English language proficiency test results.
Please send your application before January 17, 2021.
Note that your PDF will be forwarded to several people in the ELO-X institutions and that in particular all Supervisory Board members of ELO-X will have access to your application material. If you want to apply to more than one ELO-X position, please create and send separate PDFs.
- Nationality: you may be of any nationality.
- Mobility: you must not have resided or carried out your main activity (work, studies, etc…) in Germany for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to your recruitment under the ELO-X project.
- Qualifications and research experience: you must be in the first 4 years of your research career after the master degree was awarded.