ESR13 – Atlas Copco
PhD Position in model predictive control for compressor room control
Atlas Copco, Belgium
- Dr. Kasper Masschaele (engineering manager);
- Wim Van Roy (PhD student at Atlas Copco).
- EPFL: Prof. Colin Jones;
- Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg: Prof. Moritz Diehl;
- Katholieke Universiteit Leuven: Prof. Jan Swevers;
- Politecnico di Milano: Prof. Lorenzo Fagiano.
Ideal candidates hold a Master’s degree in engineering, computer science, or applied mathematics. Successful candidates are typically ranked at or near the top of their classes (obtained at least a distinction), have a solid background in systems and control, robotics, optimization, relevant computer programming skills (Python or Matlab, C++), and enthusiasm for scientific research, including real-hardware implementations and experiments. Team player mentality, independence, and problem solving attitude are expected, and proficiency in English is a requirement.
Applicants whose mother tongue is not English must present an official language test report. The acceptable tests are TOEFL, IELTS, and Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) or Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE). Required minimum scores are:
- TOEFL: 600 (paper-based test), 100 (internet-based test);
- IELTS: 7 (only Academic IELTS test accepted);
Please include, in your single PDF document, the following items in this order:
- A cover letter incl. statement of research interests and career goals (max. 2 pages);
- An academic CV;
- Contact details of at least two referees incl. phone numbers and emails;
- Your diplomas and transcript of course work and grades;
- Sample of technical writing (publication or thesis);
- Proof of English language proficiency test results.
Please send your application before February 28, 2021.
Note that your PDF will be forwarded to several people in the ELO-X institutions and that in particular all Supervisory Board members of ELO-X will have access to your application material. If you want to apply to more than one ELO-X position, please create and send separate PDFs.
- Nationality: you may be of any nationality.
- Mobility: you must not have resided or carried out your main activity (work, studies, etc…) in Belgium for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to your recruitment under the ELO-X project.
- Qualifications and research experience: you must be in the first 4 years of your research career after the master degree was awarded.