ESR4 – KU Leuven
KU Leuven, Belgium
The first year is mainly dedicated to studying and getting acquainted with the relevant state of the art in learning-based control and numerical optimization, the second year focuses on method development, and the third year on application problems and publications. A fourth PhD year can be added and funds are reserved for this at KU Leuven. The remuneration is generous and will be in line with the EC rules for Marie Curie grant holders. It consists of a salary augmented by a mobility allowance, resulting in a net monthly salary of about 2100-2200 Euro depending on your personal situation. If at the time of recruitment you are married or in a legally recognized equivalent relationship and/or you have dependent children, you are also entitled to a monthly family allowance. The exact amount will be confirmed when your application file is complete.
- Prof. Panos Patrinos
- Mathijs Schuurmans and Peter Coppens (PhD students working on safe learning-based control, risk-averse and distributionally robust model predictive control)
- Stanford University: Prof. Stephen Boyd;
- Siemens Industry Software NV: Dr. H. Van der Auweraer, Dr. Son Tong;
- Robert Bosch GmbH: Maximilian Manderla, Stefan Gering.
To apply, send an email to email@example.com in form of one single PDF attachment containing all contents or links (any other information within the email will not be processed). Subject of your email should be: “ELO-X PhD Application – ESR 4”.
Please include, in your single PDF document, the following items in this order:
- A cover letter incl. statement of research interests and career goals (max. 2 pages);
- An academic CV;
- Contact details of at least two referees incl. phone numbers and emails;
- Your diplomas and transcript of course work and grades;
- Sample of technical writing (publication or thesis);
- Proof of English language proficiency test results.
Please send your application before January 17, 2021.
Note that your PDF will be forwarded to several people in the ELO-X institutions and that in particular all Supervisory Board members of ELO-X will have access to your application material. If you want to apply to more than one ELO-X position, please create and send separate PDFs.
- Nationality: you may be of any nationality.
- Mobility: you must not have resided or carried out your main activity (work, studies, etc…) in Belgium for more than 12 months in the
3 years immediately prior to your recruitment under the ELO-X project.
- Qualifications and research experience: you must be in the first 4 years of your research career after the master degree was awarded.